Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Schedule

Hello Everyone,

I finally secured a seat on an MFI (Missionary Flights International) plane, so I will be leaving from Fort Pierce, FL for Pignon, Haiti next Thursday, Jan. 28th and expect to arrive at HAFF by sometime that afternoon. I am currently still in the Miami area, and looking into heading up to the Fort Pierce area within the next couple days. Then, from that point until I fly out on the 28th, I hope to volunteer with MFI, helping out in whatever ways they need me (i.e. loading planes, helping in the office, etc.) (it seems that things there have been extremely hectic there since the earthquake, and so they are using many volunteers to help manage the increased workload and demands).

Thank you all so much for all your prayers and encouraging words. I hope that I will soon be able to send an update from Haiti with a better conception of what the next few months may look like. Currently, the length of my stay may be up in the air due to the recent change in circumstances and need, but I will update you all when there are any further, more certain developments in that regard.

As I will hopefully be heading up to Fort Pierce within the next couple days (specifically, MFI's address is 3170 Airmans Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL 34946), I am looking into hotel options for the week I will volunteer prior to flying out. But, if anyone knows of other options for lodging in the nearby area, please feel free to let me know!

I hope you are all doing well,

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment